Hi there! My name is Joy Konieczka (last name sounds like “con-eska”) and I am a meditation teacher and 200hr yoga teacher through My Vinyasa Practice (going for my 500hr now), am a NASM certified personal trainer (and have been for 30 years), teach a variety of group formats, and teach holistic balanced wellness based off the 7 dimensions of wellness. I believe that this mindful wellness can increase your joy. See graphic below:
The 7 dimensions of wellness is not a new concept. It has been around since the late 1940’s.
Here’s a brief description of each area:
- Physical (your body)
- Occupational (things that occupy your time)
- Spiritual (your core values & beliefs)
- Intellectual (your brain)
- Emotional (your feelings)
- Social (your relationships)
- Environmental (your surroundings)
Remember the acronym POSIES + E to remember them. Just be mindful of each area and ask yourself what areas do you focus on consistently and what areas could you improve on? I do a create balance meditation series that focuses on the this wellness wheel. Contact me for more information and guidance.
I am mom, a wife, and a lover of the outdoors.
Each year I pick a joy challenge to do – this year is “tree hugger ’22” – to see how many tree varieties I can learn about.
I am a goals person and believe you should even schedule joy into your daily life.
Joy’s Continuing Education includes:
- Behavior change
- Wellness coaching
- Yo-chi (a fusion of yoga and tai chi)
- Foam rolling, trigger point therapy, and facilitated stretching
- Arthritis walking, pain management, stretching, and breathwork
- Senior wellness
- Women’s metabolic training
- Group fitness formats: pilates, barre, aquatic, and cycle
These are some of the noteables – my philsophy is to always be a student so I am always learning something new. That is why I have been in the wellness industry for so long. I’m in the middle of my 500hr yoga teacher training now.