Looking for something new to eat? Use what you already have in your fridge & pantry to make this yummy chickpea salad sandwich. The more veggies you can pack in there, the better! Eat a variety of colorful veggies to pack in the essential nutrients your body needs to stay at optimal health.
Chickpea Salad Sandwich
Serving Size: 1
- 1/3 cup organic chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 1 small organic carrot chopped
- 1 handful power greens mix (kale, spinach, & red chard)
- 1/3 celery stalk chopped
- 1 thinly sliced red onion chopped
- 1/4 tsp dried parsley (any dried herb you have on hand will work)
- 1 tsp Dijon
- Lemon juice from one slice of lemon
- Dash of salt & pepper to taste
- Bread of choice: 100% whole wheat, whole grain, & wheat sourdough are all healthy bread options.
- Mash chickpeas & mix in Dijon & lemon juice.
- Add remaining ingredients (minus bread) & mix thoroughly.
- Eat as is, or toast bread to make as a sandwich. Enjoy!
Nutrition Facts (without bread):
- Calories: 154
- Fat: 2g
- Carbs: 23g
- Fiber: 6.8g
- Protein: 7.2g
- Calcium: 12%
- Iron 24%
- Potassium: 630mg
- Vitamin A: 183%
- Vitamin C: 95%