With everything going on the world right now, I want to take a minute to talk about your Spiritual Joy.
Spiritual joy is about finding your path to what spirituality means to you & following what you know to be right deep in your soul. It should make you feel grounded, and at the same time – uplifted & joyful.
Where do you start?
You start by making time each week (or each day) to do things to nurture your core values and beliefs:
- Be in nature
- Practice acceptance
- Love others
I’m a Christian, but that doesn’t mean I think that’s the only way to be spiritual. I think everyone has their own spiritual path to follow. I’m always am nervous to say that I am a Christian, because to me it has a different meaning than what so many people think.
To me, being a Christian means:
- Being a Christ follower.
- Having a heart like Jesus.
- Practicing love and acceptance.
- Not segregating, judging, or hating others.
- Finding contentment, peace, and joy.
- To be open-minded and to look at things from a broader perspective.
- Reading Bible verses that speak to my soul (nope, I don’t believe every word of the Bible, but I do find tremendous value in so much of it, learning lessons, and it does apply to today’s world).
- Meditating on these bible verses that speak to my soul & finding ways of incorporating them into my life.
- Reading books, listening to podcasts, & hearing other points of view on all types of spirituality.
Now, am I good at all these things listed above? To be honest, no, I’m not. I’m quick to judge people who judge others. I judge religions and churches who shun people for the many reasons they do, and it’s hard to love these people that don’t have the same views I do. But, what makes my views better than others? That’s where we need to learn to step back and look at the bigger picture.
Jesus lived a life of service and loving others. If I call myself a Christian, those are the rules I need to follow. Plain and simple.
No matter what your your core values and beliefs are. It all starts with love. I encourage you to explore what that means to you.
Take some time this week for your spiritual joy and ask yourself how you can bring aspects of joy, peace, & love into harmony in your life?
I hope you all have a great week. Stay safe and wash your hands!