Make joy a habit.
How do you do that? How can you do that?
You do that by carving out a few minutes of time throughout the day to do things you enjoy, to focus on joy, to spread positivity and good to others, and to be mindful of these treasured moments. These little moments of goodness accumulate and they help create balance and increased joy in your life.
- Listen to a favorite song that motivates and inspires you.
- Read a positive quote and think about what it really means to you.
- Take a quick break outside and focus on the little things around you that you find joy in – listen to a bird singing, focus in on someone’s smile, take a deep breath of fresh air – notice your surrounds and use all your senses.
- Text someone that always makes you laugh (they are in your life for a reason).
- Leave a fun note on someone’s desk.
- Go to coffee with your favorite person.
- Focus on gratitude. What are you grateful for in this moment? Write it down, reread it, and let it sink in.
- Spread good cheer to others – open a door for someone, give a compliment, or smile at a stranger. Giving joy increases your own joy. It’s a proven fact, look it up. 🙂
- Go for a walk. Be mindful, present, and in the moment as you walk.
- Do a one minute meditation – everyone can make time for a one minute.
Doing things like this nurtures various areas of wellness that help to create balance in your life – social wellness, emotional wellness, environmental wellness, intellectual wellness, occupational wellness, physical wellness, and even spiritual wellness.
At the end of the day, take time to reflect on these little moments you created. Do this every single day. That’s how you make joy a habit.