Greens & Seeds Smoothie
- 1 cup power greens (spinach, kale, & chard mix)
- 1/2 cup broccoli
- 1 Medjool Date (pitted)
- 3/4 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1 tsp ground flaxseeds
- 1 T pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 tsp ground tumeric (fresh grated works too)
- 1 cup water
- Mix all ingredients in a high powered blender.
- Serving size: 1
- Calories: 239
- Total Fat: 6.5g
- Total Carbs: 42g
- Fiber: 8.8g
- Protein: 7.6g
- Calcium: 32.3%
- Iron 15.6%
- Potassium: 552mg
- Vitamin A: 60.2%
- Vitamin C: 223.4%
- Dark leafy greens: rich in Vitamins A, C, K, folate, fiber, antioxidants, potassium, magnesium, iron and more. These nutrients improve vision, immune function, fight a variety of diseases & cancers, help regulate blood pressure, cholesterol & blood sugars.
- Broccoli: rich in many nutrients – including vitamin K, C, folate, chromium, and many more for anti inflammatory and antioxidant benefits, omega-3s, cancer prevention, and digestive and cardiovascular support.
- Ground flaxseeds: rich in Omega-3 fatty acids, Vitamin B1, and more for cardiovascular benefits and digestive health.
- Pumpkin seeds: rich in manganese, magnesium, phosphorus, zinc, and more for antioxidant & mineral support, antimicrobial benefits, and may help prevent prostate and breast cancers.
- Ground tumeric : overall decreases cancer risk, has cardiovascular benefits, improves chronic digestive problems, decreases arthritic symptoms, and improves chronic neurodegenerative diseases – such as Alzheimer’s.
- Strawberries: 1 cup has 113% of your recommended vitamin C intake and is packed with many antioxidant and anti inflammatory benefits.
- Blueberries: may help reduce DNA damage which decrease aging and certain risk of certain cancers.
- Medjool dates: is used as a natural sugar and helps control weight.