Berries & Spice Protein Pancakes
- 2 organic eggs
- 1/2 cup organic milk (grass-fed even better)
- 1/2 cup organic cottage cheese
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 vanilla bean scraped or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup organic 100% whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
Toppings (and inside)
- 1 cup blueberries heated
- Heat griddle or frying pan over medium heat.
- Place all ingredients in a blender minus the blueberries. Placing wet ingredients first will help all ingredients to blend better.
- Blend on lowest setting until well blended. If you need batter thinner, add more milk or water.
- Lightly grease pan with olive oil or organic grass-fed butter
- Pour batter onto pan (make thinner by tilting pan like you would a crepe), wait for bubbles to appear throughout pancake before flipping.
- When finished put a tablespoon of heated blueberries on pancake, trifold, and place another tablespoon blueberries on top.
- Makes approximately 6 pancakes & a serving size is 3 pancakes.
- You can easily double recipe for whole family.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
- Calories: 325
- Total Fat: 12.1g
- Total Carbs: 35g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 21.5g
- Calcium: 30%
- Iron 12.5%
- Potassium: 290mg
- Vitamin A: 12%
- Vitamin C: 10%
- Blueberries: Rich source of Vitamins K & C, fiber, manganese, copper, and 17 phytonutrients for anti inflammatory and antioxidant benefits.
- Cinnamon: anti clotting, anti microbial, boosts brain function, helps control blood sugar, increase colon health, and helps protect against heart disease.
- Flaxseeds: 2 tablespoons contains 133% of your recommended amount of omega-3 fats for cardiovascular benefits, helps digestion, and reduces post-menopausal symptoms.
- Dairy note: buy organic & grass fed whenever possible. Dairy from grass-fed cows have a higher percentage of nutrition (like omega-3 fats, Vitamin K, & CLA) than grain- fed cows.
*Health Benefits summarizes from WH Foods and Nutrition Facts websites.