Nut Butter Date Snack Recipe
- 1 medjool Date
- 1 tsp crunchy almond butter (or any crunchy nut butter)
- 1/2 tsp sliced almonds (or other nut chopped)
- 3 chocolate chips (omit for lower sugar intake)
- Cut date in half and take out pit.
- Smear a teaspoon of nut butter inside date.
- Sprinkle a few sliced almonds & 3 chocolate chips on top.
- Calories: 123
- Total Fat: 4.2g (.7 saturated, .7 polyunsaturated, 2.3 monounsaturated)
- Total Carbs: 19.7g
- Sugars: 17g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Protein: 2.3g
- Calcium 4%
- Iron 3%
- Potassium 104mg
- Vitamin A: 3%
- Medjool Date: one of the healthiest natural sweeteners with a low glycemic index and is a rich fiber source. They may lower risk or stroke and improve colon health. They also have phytonutrients & antioxidants which help prevent various diseases and cancers.
- Almonds: Vitamins E & B2, magnesium, phosphorus, and more for lowering your LDL cholesterol & reducing risk of heart disease, and diabetes. Eating nuts on a regular basis (1/4 cup) lowers risk of weight gain and increases energy production (caloric burn).
*Consult your physician to see if almonds and Medjool dates are an appropriate addition to your diet. Facts are summarized from Nutrition Facts website, US National Library of Medicine & National Institutes of Health website, & WH Foods website.