We all have busy days, but even on those busy days we can carve out 10 minutes to move our bodies. Walking is the easiest way to fit in a little movement every single day.
- heart health
- bone health
- energy levels
- caloric burn
- brain function
Knowing the benefits should increase your motivation.
*Now try this 10 minute walking workout:
- 3 minutes medium pace walk (first minute focus on your breath, second minute focus on your environment, third minute focus on what walking does for your body.).
- 1 minute fast pace walk
- 2 minutes medium pace walk
- 2 minutes fast pace walk
- 1 minute medium pace walk
- 1 minute slow pace walk (focus on your breath & how you feel in this moment mentally and physically).
You focused on a little mindfulness (environmental wellness), reflecting on how you feel (emotional wellness), and cardiovascular health (physical wellness).
- You gain health benefits from even one minute of exercise-so you have time for one minute.
- Increase your time at each intensity level as successful and when time allows, work up to 90 minutes 3-5 days per week.
*Consult with your doctor before starting any new exercise program.