Mini (Muffin Tin) Mint Fudgesicles
These are for days you need a sweet treat, and are craving creamy Fudgesicles, but don’t want to buy the artificial ones at the store.
Please know that a regular intake of coconut milk can increase your LDL (bad) cholesterol. These are meant to be a little sweet treat every once in awhile.
This would make an easy dinner party dessert, as well.
- 1 can Organic Coconut Milk (full fat)
- 1/2 cup Cocao Powder
- 30 organic mint leaves
- 1 T simple syrup (mix equal parts organic sugar & water over heat til dissolved, then cool)
- 23 toothpicks
- Blend all ingredients & place in mini mini muffin tins with toothpicks. Obviously you can use popsicle molds instead, but it will drastically change Nutrition Facts listed below. Maybe fill your molds half way up instead.
- Freeze for about 2 hours.
- To get out, place warm water in a 9×13 baking dish and place muffin tin on it for 15-30 seconds. This will loosen them from the tin.
- You could garnish with a little mint and cacao powder & enjoy!
- Makes 23 (in mini muffin tin)
- Calories: 37
- Total Fat: 3.3g
- Saturated Fat: 2.6g
- Total Carbs: 2.1g
- Fiber .7g
- Sugar .6g
- Protein .6g
- Iron: 3.6%
- Potassium: 67.8mg
- Mint: soothes irritable bowel syndrome, upset stomach, improves digestion, may help fight colon, lung, & skin cancer, is anti-microbial, and helps open airways.
- Cacao powder: because cacao powder is processed down to a powder and has additives, it may or may not be beneficial to you depending on the quality you are buying. There are studies that show it increases health of blood vessels and decreases risk of certain heart-related diseases.
- Coconut Milk: there are a TON of claims that coconut milk is healthy, BUT when you dig deeper on the research, there isn’t a lot of evidence to back this claim up. There is a study that has shown an overall increase of LDL (bad) cholesterol with a daily consumption of coconut milk for 5 weeks. Bottom line, every once in awhile, you are probably safe. Let’s stick with moderation on this one.