A Get Back into Running Walk-Jog Workout.
- 10 minutes walking warm up
- 1 minute jog
- 4 minute walk
- 2 minute jog
- 3 minute walk
- 3 minute jog
- 2 minute walk
- 4 minute jog
- 1 minute walk
- 10 minute slower walking cool down
- Consult with your doc before starting up a new fitness program.
- This is a great workout to ease back into running. See how you feel over the next 48 hours and repeat again 1-2 more times this week.
- To increase you jogging time, tack on another minute to one of these 4 rounds of jogging, and keep adding jog minutes as successful.
- Walkers, pick two walking speeds to interval.
- Joggers, omit the walks and pick two jogging speeds. Stay slower pace jog if you are getting back into it, overstriding will make you susceptible to injury.