Spinach Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cup veggie broth
- 1 shallot diced
- 2 cans garbanzo beans
- 4 cups spinach chopped or julienned
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Chopped walnuts (1 tablespoon)
- Feta cheese crumbles (1 tablespoon)
- Cook quinoa in veggie broth instead of water according to directions.
- Add all ingredients to cooked quinoa & chill for at least 2 hours.
- Top with walnuts & feta before serving.
- Calories: 441
- Total Fat: 20.9g
- Carbs: 51.8g
- Fiber: 10g
- Protein: 13.8g
- Calcium: 45%
- Iron: 15.5%
- Potassium: 661.1mg
- Vitamin A: 98.5%
- Spinach: helps regulate blood sugars, lower blood pressure, and protect against heart disease and certain cancers (colon & breast).
- Quinoa: helps decrease cholesterol levels & oxidative stress levels, and has all the essential amino acids for good health.
- Garbanzo beans: helps regulate blood sugars, lowers total cholesterol levels, and increases digestive support.