Apple Walnut Salad
- 1 cup Power Greens (organic baby red and green chard, baby kale, baby spinach, & mizuna blend from Earthbound Farm)
- 1/2 Honeycrisp Apple (cut into bite size pieces)
- 1/4 cup Toasted Walnuts (halves & pieces)
- Optional: 1/2 oz. extra sharp cheddar (a little goes a long way – cut into really small pieces or shred) or 1 oz. cooked and cubed chicken or garbanzo beans.
- 1 tablespoon Dijon
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Champagne Vinegar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Toast walnuts at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes. Mix champagne vinegar and Dijon together. Whisk in olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste. Drizzle over salad and enjoy!
- Calories: 349
- Fat: 28.6 Monounsaturated: 10g Polyunsaturated: 1.4 Saturated: 4.9 Trans: 0g
- Total Carbs: 13.5g Dietary Fiber: 5.7g
- Protein 7.2g
- Potassium: 323 mg
- Vitamin A: 146.5%
- Vitamin C: 56.6%
- Calcium: 18.5%
- Iron: 15%
- Mizuna (a mustard green) & Kale: both help lower cholesterol.
- Swiss Chard & Apple: both help regulate blood sugars.
- Walnuts: helps both the heart and circulatory systems.
- Olive Oil (EVOO): it’s an anti-inflammatory food.
Consult with your physician before starting a new diet.